<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/37760773?origin\x3dhttps://lilyblooming.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Thursday, March 08, 2007

Back to Work, Day 2

Thank you so much to everyone for their words of comfort and understanding after yesterday's melancholy post.

Today was better. I still missed Lily just as much, but wallpapering my office with her photos helped ease my home sickness somewhat. What really made today better, however, was the job offer that came in late this afternoon. I guess that second interview yesterday didn't go as badly as I thought. It's a brand new position with a small but successful and fast-growing department of the financial services company I've been with. They'll match my current salary and they may even be willing to offer some flexibility in my schedule. And, I was told in no uncertain terms that there would be a lot of opportunity for the position grow and expand as the department did which means I won't be stuck in a dead-end situation.

All in all, I'm pleased. I don't do well with loose ends. And now it seems the most pressing ones have been taken care of. Now if only I could find a way to add a few extra hours to each day so I can spend more time with my baby girl...

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Elisa said...

Amy-

Congratulations on your new job! I am glad you are feeling better about your decision.

Beth

10:20 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Hey, Beth! Can you e-mail me so that I have your new address? I tried to send you a message the other day but only had your old address :(

7:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Amy-

I sent you a note to the work email I have for you. But if that doesn't reach you, my gmail account is mnmenagerie. :)

Beth

5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home